Monday, March 12, 2007

Week8: Exercise #19 Take a Look at LibraryThing

There are a couple of things that I want to say about LibraryThing.

First, this is a good tool for those book lovers who do not even have any knowledge about bibliographic records.

Second, this is a good tool for the library to merchandise the best sellers. The reader can easily find the books by covers.

Third, this is a safe social place for book lovers. I read some group discussion in the librarian LibrayThing; it contains healthy talk and constructive information exchange. As the statement in Q& A of LibraryThing, one answer to this question refers that “LibraryThing is not a dating site”.

Fourth: The feature of Tag is useful to perform the search. On the other hand, it also relates to other members who post the same books. Thus it is easy to know how many persons share the same interest.

I had posted my five books in
shuhua's LibraryThing. They are The Five Love Languages of Children, This I Believe, Two Sides of Love, This Is My Best: Great Writers Share Their Favorite Work and Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson.





No comments: